With a long history of gathering together to share our love of designing, creating, and sewing quilts, both traditional and contemporary, the Blackstone Valley Heritage Quilt guild continues to bring lovers of quilting together on a monthly basis.
When asked what attracted members to the guild, responses ranged from new learning opportunities in workshops, program speakers and quilting retreats, to the social aspect of gathering and togetherness. The fact that the guild continues to build community through the common interests of its members, and the small, personal nature of each gathering is a major attraction.
Highpoints when members felt most committed and when we were at our very best include:
- Comfort Quilt Show in 2021 showcasing a vast array of lap quilts made for and contributed to elders and others in need, all made during the Pandemic.
- Teaching children and youth, formally or informally about quilting and sewing
- Trunk Shows of the myriad creations of members
- Members teaching members
- Creation of over 7,500 masks and caps at the start of the Pandemic
- Fun times together at Mystery Shop Hops and Get-Aways